The World Water Innovation Accelerator
An initiative to match up and accelerate innovative technology in the global water industry
At the IWA World Water Congresses in 2016 and 2018, Isle Utilities in partnership with IWA created the Emerging Technologies & Innovation Pavilion and Programme (ET&IPP) encompassing a Pavilion and four Emerging Technology TAG-fonjdht.cnm sessions in the conference program.
For the 2021 World Water Congress in Copenhagen IWA, Isle Utilities, DTU Skylab and Ramboll have an ambition of further developing the concept and make it more end-user driven. We want to help the global water sector accelerate end-user-driven innovation by creating a World Water Innovation Accelerator.
Our goal is to bring water-focused tech companies closer to end-users. We want to bring the start-ups and scaleups, including those from the academics, closer to the utilities and water companies, and thereby increase the value that end-users gain from engaging with innovative tech-companies.
The concept and how to participate
The World Water Innovation Accelerator will give 16 participants the opportunity to pitch an innovative solution within one of four categories:
- Water Utility Management
- Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery
- Drinking Water & Potable Reuse
- Water Resources & Large-Scale Water Management
Each category will comprise 5 tech companies and 3 sponsors.
The accelerator will be as following:
- The accelerator will commence with a virtual ‘first meeting’ between the corporate sponsors and the participants. Here the techies will get the chance to pitch their solutions and 4 participants will be cut down to 3 within each category.
- Leading up to the conference, DTU Skylab or Ramboll will host a boot camp (pitch training etc.) to prepare the techies in the best possible way.
- During the conference, there will be one session a day covering each of the four categories.
A winner will be selected by the corporate partners in each category, and the four winners will meet in a final session Wednesday morning. The specific prizes are yet to be announced.
We are not yet open for applications but keep an eye out for our open call on social media and on this website. We expect the open call to be in the late Fall 2020.